- Sanders, Ian and Sloly, David
- The change rate of the world has accelerated, producing new jobs that need to be filled. There is no longer a “job for life.” (p.14)
- Plurality helps you understand other departments (p. 45)
Personal unifier. Find a theme that unifies all you do. Use it to filter out opportunities (§4)
- (life purpose course?)
Have a story.
- tell story online.
- Ask friends: “if you need to introduce me an you wanted to impress them, what would you say?” (p.118)
Listen first and tailor your story to customer’s needs (p.130)
- it’s easier to sell one skill they need than to pitch on 10 with only 2 relevant ones.
- Ideas club (p.141)
Add new strings one layer at a time (p.159-160)
- i.e., when you earn enough money to support you with the first skill
- Generalism: sum is more than its parts. (p.180)
- Unplan (it’s ok to have goals, though) (p.219-220)