- p.8 Investing more in career vs. family is kind of immediate gratification. Because ups at work are easier to notice. (Underinvesting in family ultimately robs you of the greatest source of happiness.)
p.11 It’s easier to hold your principles 100% of the time than 98% of the time. If you give in “just this once,” you will do this again.
- (re: habits)
- p.11-12 Humility (being humble) comes from the high self-esteem. You don’t have to brag or demeanor others to feel good about yourself.
- p.16 feedback analysis: write down key decisions and expected outcomes, review in a couple of months—did you achieve the results, what should have been done differently?
- life is nor a zero-sum game. you can be both successful in career, family, self, etc
- design and run small experiments that improve all aspects of your life