- Spaced repetition to memorize things that you need in your head often
- Zettelkasten to hold your conversations with, keep track of ideas
There are a number of questions that need to be answered:
- how I decide what goes into Zettelkasten vs SRS?
should I create Zettelkasten cards for things that go into SRS?
- how do I keep Zettelkasten cards in sync with SRS cards?
My current () approach is to create Zettelkasten cards, but add a “Cards” section for flashcards at the bottom.
I add SRS cards:
- for fundamental knowledge—things that other ideas build on top of (e.g., math definitions and properties)
- things that I “should know,” things that help me in work
- “emergency” exits—how to unfreeze Emacs, ssh, telnet, magic sysrq