§ Zettelkasten is about developing ideas, not collecting them
Do not turn slip-box into archive of notes, or worse—a graveyard of thought.
Things to ask when you add a new note:
- how it supports or contradicts your other notes?
- what do you think about it?
- what questions are triggered by it?
- can you combine it with other notes to generate something new?
- § Zettelkasten
- Separate permanent notes and project notes
- Separate literature notes from permanent notes
- Treat random notes as a separate “project”
- Zettelkasten process
- Use tags sparingly in Zettelkasten
- How to Take Smart Notes: One Simple Technique to Boost Writing, Learning and Thinking - for Students, Academics and Nonfiction Book Writers
- How I note