Microbiology is AMAZING.
Computer visualizations of microbiology:
Drew Berry: Animations of unseeable biology - YouTube (this seems to be cut)
- Astonishing molecular machines: Drew Berry at TEDxSydney (full version + visualization of malaria)
- The Molecular Basis of Life - YouTube
- The protein folding problem: a major conundrum of science: Ken Dill at TEDxSB…
- What is a Protein? - YouTube
- how viruses are built, a little theory about DNA/RNA/building proteins.
- ATP synthase
- All the cells in the human body have the same DNA. But microRNA can silence a part of the genome so the cells can be different
- Gene Silencing by microRNAs - YouTube
- Generation and action of siRNAs and miRNAs - YouTube
Homeotic (Hox) genes
- Meet the Microcosmos - YouTube
- Tardigrades: Chubby, Misunderstood, & Not Immortal - YouTube
- How Microscopic Hunters Get Their Lunch - YouTube
- When mother divides, there are two daughters and mother ceases to exist.
- Before they are fully separate, cells can be connected by membrane but have their own centres of control. At what point a cell becomes two?
- Conjugation transfers genes horizontally - cells change genetically without producing a new cell.
- Mysterious Jiggly Crystals and Other Intracellular Structures - YouTube
- How Do Colonies Help Microorganisms Survive? - YouTube
- Where Did Eukaryotic Cells Come From? - A Journey Into Endosymbiotic Theory - YouTube
- Diatoms: Tiny Factories You Can See From Space - YouTube
- Stentors: Single-Celled Giants - YouTube
- How Do Protozoa Get Around? - YouTube
- Death in the Microcosmos - YouTube