- § Design Psychology
- Закон Хика, который мы потеряли в интерпретации - Vadym Shliachkov - Medium
The law says that the mean reaction time is linear function of the mean entropy. Entropy growths logarithmically with the number of choices available.
- is reaction time
- is mean entropy
- and are coefficients (should be found empirically for each case)
- Hick’s law is about choice reaction time, not decision time as is commonly thought.
- The law presumes that correct answer is known and is not something that should be thought about or discovered. (Subjects undertook a training before running the experiment.)
- The law is not universal. There are many situation when it does not apply.